There are many places that people can find pharmaceutical related information on the Internet. For the student thinking about studying for a career in pharmacy, some of the top Colleges of Pharmacy are easily accessible online. Resources on a wide variety of subject matter are available for individuals already practicing in the pharmaceutical field. Such resources may include information on pharmaceutical associations, development companies, journals, publications, and upcoming conferences. Searchable databases containing a plethora of information can also be accessed via the Internet.
- University of Wisconsin: The UW Madison School of Pharmacy offers degree, certificate, and residency programs as well as continued education programs that encourage professional development.
- University of Maryland: A strong focus on research is maintained through the School of Pharmacy. UMD is ranked among the top ten United States Pharmacy Schools by U.S. News and World Report.
- UC San Diego: The Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences concentrates on teaching using innovative curricula.
- Virginia Commonwealth University: The School of Pharmacy has a longstanding reputation for being at the forefront of pharmaceutical development.
- University of Kansas: KU’s School of Pharmacy was founded in 1885. The comprehensive PharmD program has recently underwent a momentous change that will provide students with the skills needed to practice in the 21st century.
- Mercer University: The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences offers an accredited Doctor of Pharmacy degree program that is widely esteemed. Mercer lists commitment to excellence as one of its core values.
- Purdue University: The School of Pharmacy consists of three departments: Industrial and Physical Pharmacy, Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, and Pharmacy Practice.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City: With high standards in place for the promotion of quality of life through research, the School of Pharmacy is a leader in education.
- Creighton University: Creighton offers a School of Pharmacy with concentrations on disease prevention and management through research and continuing education.
- Texas A&M: The Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy at Texas A&M focuses on prepping students for pharmaceutical careers while encouraging continued education, research, and innovative development.
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy: The AACP is dedicated to improving health through education regarding drug therapy. The association advocates continued education within the pharmaceutical community.
- American Pharmacists Association: The APhA, founded in 1852, advocates for influential legislation, medicinal education, and improvement in professional development.
- National Community Pharmacists Association: The mission of the NCPA is to encourage the growth of independent pharmacies through free enterprise.
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores: The NACDS provides scholarships, internships and funding opportunities, along with education and training.
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy: The NABP assists with the implementation and development of standards for protection of public health.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists: Historically, the ASHP has concentrated on creating standards within the hospital pharmaceutical setting.
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists: With opportunities for furthering professional development, the AAPS also provides an international link between pharmaceutical scientists.
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations: The IFPMA consists of a diverse group of members including various pharmacy associations and pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Generic Pharmaceutical Association: The GPhA’s primary focus is to make affordable pharmaceutical products available to consumers in the form of generic medications.
- National Pharmacy Technician Association: The TPTA provides resources and opportunities for pharmacy technicians.
- BioPharmaLink: A large pharmaceutical database containing information on drugs, technology, news, companies and institutions.
- Health Reference Database: References for all medical fields including pharmacology.
- Pharmaceutical Bibliography: Database of reviews, articles and publications that have direct relation to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Bioresearch Online: Focused on providing recent news and developments, with accompanying information on technology and industry achievements.
- Chem Bio Finder: A gateway that provides reference, sourcing and safety data.
- ChemID Plus Advanced: Advanced customizable search engine within a database of chemicals and their properties.
- Dalhousie University Drug Index: A reference guide for pharmaceutical information, designed to be used by pharmacists.
- DrugBank: A comprehensive database of pharmacological, pharmaceutical, and chemical information.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA): A complete database searchable by drug ingredient, name, and application number.
- Chemistry Links: A list of links of pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
- Iowa Drug Information Service: A database of articles relating to pharmacology and the practice of medicine.
- Medscape: Searchable database of drug information including directions, interactions, precautions and adverse effects.
- PharmActives: Pharmaceutically related market research provided in the form of a database with a search function.
- Pharmacy Choice: Data on pharmacology careers, news, education, and other resources.
- R&D Chemicals: A useful resource providing information on compounding, drug discovery and chemicals.
Journals and Other Publications
- American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (AJPE): Focusing on the advancement of pharmacology though education.
- Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences: A publication documenting research, reviews chemical processing, and other issues related to the study of pharmaceutical science.
- Molecular Pharmacology: A journal providing information on recent findings in biochemistry, molecular biology, and pharmacologic research.
- The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (JPET): First published in 1909, JPET continues to provide information regarding the interactions of chemicals in relation to medicine therapy.
- The Journal of Pharmacy Technology: Providing information for those involved in all aspects of pharmacy practice.
- Pfizer: A leading company in the pharmaceutical industry, established over 150 years ago.
- Roche: Focused on innovation and technology in their quest to provide life changing pharmaceuticals.
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK): The mission of GSK is to simplify the operating model while diversifying in addition to providing valuable products.
- Novartis: Through a merging of two companies, Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz, Novartis was founded in 1996 and has established itself as a leader in pharmaceutical research.
- Eli Lilly and Company: With more than 40,000 employees, over 130 years in the industry and eight research facilities worldwide, Lilly has maintained a strong position in the pharmaceutical business.
- Abbott Labs: Areas of expertise are broad, including: diabetes care, animal health, hematology, molecular studies and more.
- Merck: Merck opened its first production facility in 1854 and has remained a well known named throughout the medical community.
- Watson Pharmaceuticals: With over $3 billion in revenue annually, Watson operates in established and growing markets.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company: As a research based company, Takeda strives to develop superiorly advanced pharmaceuticals.
- AstraZeneca: AstraZeneca’s focus is in six fields of healthcare including respiratory and inflammation, cancer, infection, cardiovascular, neuroscience, and gastrointestinal.
- Opal Events: Lists of upcoming conferences within the pharmaceutical field.
- Pharmer Conferences & Meetings: A calendar of meetings and conferences for the pharmaceutical professional.
- PharmWeb: A comprehensive listing of pharma conferences worldwide.
- CBI Net: A complete listing of conferences and events; includes downloadable brochures.
- InnoQube World Conferences: Upcoming pharmaceutical conferences with brief descriptions of the conference objectives.